Thankful Thursday-Running

I can't believe it is Thursday already!  I am going to continue writing about things that I am thankful for each Thursday.  Last Thursday, I was thankful for the beautiful sunshine and it is shining bright as can be once again.  I love it! 

Today, I am thankful for the ability to run.  I know, it may sound silly to some of you, but, I absolutely love to run.  This was not always the case.  In fact, it was only within the last 4 years that I have grown to love it more and more.  Running allows me to not only get some great exercise, but also allows me to kind of tune out the whole world for a few miles.  I am able to listen to my music, do lots of thinking, relieve some stress and anxiety that I may be carrying.  Running is like therapy for me.  Even on days that my body is sore or tired, a good run always leaves me feeling better. 

Since I have moved to Cincinnati, my running routine has been knocked down the priority list for various reasons...unpacking and trying to get settled, physical and emotional exhaustion, feeling consumed by homesickness, trying to fall into a normal daily routine, feeling overwhelmed, missing my old running routes and on and on. 

So, I was digging in a box the other day and found this...
my finishers medal for the half-marathon I completed in May.  I trained for months and raised money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society through the Team in Training program. Thinking back to that experience, I reminded myself how very thankful I am for the ability to put one foot in front of the other in order to run 13.1 miles.  If I didn't possess this capability, this...
would never have been a possibility. If I could not run, I would have missed out on one of the greatest experiences and accomplishments in my life.

Now, I am thankful for this...

a new running trail that leads me miles upon miles of new scenery which will hold many future mind clearing journeys to renew my soul. 

What are you thankful for?  I would love to hear what you are thankful for this week.  Have a wonderful day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thankful Thursday - Snow Days

It Happened To Me Again!

Munchie Mix for Monday