Munchie Mix for Monday

Happy Monday!  I hope that everyone was able to enjoy their weekend before today arrived and a new week is upon us again.  I had great hopes and ideas for starting something like "Motivational Monday" posts to share with you today.  Well, I am very much a planner and do not like when things stray off routine and my day goes a bit differently than originally planned.  This is something that I am trying to be a bit more relaxed about. 

Anyway, this morning, I had to head to the local Meijer for some groceries and came home with not only lots of groceries, but also a headache.  Unfortunately, this happens more times than not.  I unloaded the groceries into the kitchen and my headache instantly got worse as I was trying to find places to put them and keep it in an organized and orderly fashion.  I moved into this house just over a month ago and the pantry and cupboards are feeling less than user friendly.  Enough of the explanation of my change of plans. 

Here is what I did to change my day around, headache and all.  What did I do?  I decided to whip up a quick, calorie laden, fall treat.  This Halloween Munchie Mix is a fun treat to take along to get togethers or just to share with friends and family.  I just put it into a bowl to share today.  It is fun to put into Halloween muffin papers if you are taking it to a party or making it for kids.  I hope you enjoy this treat.  Beware...it is addicting to eat!


Here is what you will need:

4 Cups Honey Nut Chex
1 Cup dry roasted peanuts
2 Cups mini pretzels
1 Cup autumn mix ( candy corn and pumpkins)
16 oz. Vanilla candy coating (Candiquick)
Mix first four ingredients in a large bowl.  Melt candy coating according to package directions.  Pour over mixture in bowl and stir until well coated.  Spread out onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.  When hardened, break into pieces and enjoy. 

I would love to hear if you, too, enjoyed this fun treat and how you chose to share it.
I will leave you with this thought...
When things go wrong---- don't go with them.  -Anonymous
Happy Monday!

Comments

Tina H. said…
It looks good! I think I'll have to try making that soon. Where do you find Candiquick? Is it by the chocolate chips?
Jen said…
Yes, Tina, look on the baking aisle. Hope you can find it!
Cindy Bultema said…
Looks delicious Jen ~ and definitely something my kids would LOVE! :) I'll keep you posted!
Thanks for sharing! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Thankful Thursday - Snow Days

It Happened To Me Again!