Thankful Thursday...A Very Kind Woman

Good Morning!
This morning I sent my sweetie back to school.  I am so thankful that she was finally feeling good enough to get back to school. Call me crazy but, as I sit here, I am missing her presence and I will be worrying all day that she will be okay at school.  Just the mother in me I suppose.  

Today, I also have something else that I am thankful for on this Thankful Thursday.  This may sound really bizarre and strange, but, I am thankful for a very kind woman in which I only know through numerous phone conversations.  

Sound random?  I will do my best to explain why I am thankful for a stranger.  It was almost an instant thought that I would feature this woman on today's post.  

Here is how it all began...

Last Friday, I was extremely frustrated with the whole health insurance system.  We recently got new health insurance with my husband's new job.  If you have ever had to switch your health insurance coverage, you know that no two policies or companies seem to mirror the prior one.  It is always a learning curve for me to figure it all out.  From choosing your physician to co-pays to prescription coverage and so forth.  For me personally, insurance is absolutely critical in my life.  I believe that it is in every one's life.  Without it, medical costs can pile up very quickly and make it difficult for people who need medications or receive care that they simply can not afford.  

Well, my challenge on Friday, was the fact that I was trying to figure out where to obtain my Omnipods.  I tried to call the insurance company and ask for a in-network establishment that would carry these.  The first person that I spoke with, gave me the names of two local places that I could call.  I immediately questioned that they would carry what I needed.  I was reassured that, yes, they carry all diabetic supplies.  Just as I knew, both calls were dead ends.  I then had to call the insurance company back again and the next person that I spoke with, told me that she would email a list of over 20 local places that I could contact.  She obviously did not have the slightest clue what I was talking about because one of the places that she thought may carry them would be Women's Health Boutique....why the heck would they carry insulin pumps?!  

At this point, I was just about over the edge.  I was down to my last 2 pods and was beginning to panic that I would not be able to get more ordered soon enough because nobody seemed knowledgeable enough on what I was asking of them.  Ridiculous.  I finally decided that because no one at the insurance company seemed to know very much about medical supplies, in which it flabbergasted me, I would call Omnipod directly.  How do you get a job working in customer service for a health insurance company without knowing a darn thing about medical supplies?!

Fortunately, Omnipod was able to able tell me the name of a medical supply company that took my insurance and the phone number.  Thank the Lord!  I was finally getting through to people and making progress.  

I quickly dialed the number and crossed my fingers that someone would answer, considering it was a few minutes before 5 o'clock on a Friday.  I had hope.  Someone answered. The kind woman on the other end of the phone was an absolute blessing to my day.

Her name was Bonita. I may have spelled it wrong but, I will continue to give this woman praise and the spelling of her name will not be as important as how thankful I am for her.  I explained my situation to her and what I was looking for and she understood and I finally felt like I wasn't speaking some foreign language anymore.  A sigh of relief.  She quickly took all of my info and said that she would contact the doctor and get the prescription and everything.  Sigh.  

Bonita had one of those sweet voices with a slight accent.  The way she spoke just made me feel at ease.  I knew that she would make sure I was taken care of and that my supplies would be on their way as soon as she could get everything into place.  

Every single day this week, she has followed up with phone calls updating me on the status of things.  In fact, because she was waiting for the prescription from the doctor yet, a few days ago, she told me that she shipped out two sample pods to make sure that I would be covered until the full shipment went out.  

This woman just understood my needs and anxiety about the whole situation.  She was incredible on her customer service and follow through.  Her people skills and kindness were over the top in my eyes.  I have not come across a person that I have been so impressed with like this in so long that I can't remember.  Each time that I speak with her, I make sure to thank her and tell her how much I appreciate all of her help.  I plan to either write a letter to the company or send an email to let them know what an amazing employee that they have and the wonderful service and understanding that she gives.  

This story is a perfect display and example that, yes, indeed, there really are good, nice and helpful people in this world that are willing to go out of their way to help.  So, today, I am so incredibly thankful for Bonita, a customer service person, that allowed me a sense of relief knowing I wouldn't need to panic because I wouldn't have my Omnipods, which are something that my life depends on.  Thank you Bonita.  
Have a fabulous Thursday!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thankful Thursday - Snow Days

It Happened To Me Again!

Munchie Mix for Monday