Feeling Like Fall

Happy Monday!  I am sorry for not leaving you with any inspiration on Friday, as you entered your weekend.  I was lucky enough to join my daughter on a field trip downtown to see some more ArtPrize. The weather was less than favorable but, we had a wonderful time. There were so many really neat entries.  It made me want to get back into art and use my own creativity again.  It made the wheels in my head begin to spin.  In this art event, anyone has the ability to create an entry. Hmmm....something to think about throughout the many cold, and gray Michigan winter days.  

Well, it is now officially October!  Last week, I hauled out all of my fall decorations and decked my house all out. I love the coziness it adds inside as the days grow cooler outside.  No sooner did I get the fall decorations finished, Emma insisted on adding the Halloween decorations as well.  So, we are about as decked out as we can be! Yesterday, I just had to head to my very favorite store ever, Bath & Body Works, to get some fall scents to fill my home.  I tried a new one called Marshmallow Fireside.  This may just be one of my new favorites.  I had to look it up on their website in order to describe the scent for you.  The name of it, didn't sound like something that I would gravitate toward.  I don't usually like the  sweet food scents but, this one is amazing!  It is described as toasted marshmallows and sweet vanilla cream wrapped in the aroma of rich smoldering woods.  I highly recommend you try this one.  I have only been smelling it for a day now but, I am still loving it.  

As you can see, I am getting swept up in the fall season.  Fall decor up...check.  Fall scents flowing...check.  We visited our very favorite orchard this weekend to pick up some fresh Honeycrisp apples and some most delicious donuts and apple cider.  Our favorite apple orchard, Robinette's, is something that we really missed last fall. This weekend, we didn't do the hayride and such but, we will most definitely be visiting again soon.  

This weekend, I stumbled upon this little bucket list for fall that I thought was really cute.  


I found this on Pinterest.  Oh my goodness. Do you know about Pinterest? I had heard about this and finally checked it out as my husband watched football and my daughter was searching for Halloween costumes.  This is an online pin board.  You can pin things you like and look at other pins that others have pinned themselves. Warning...this could become addictive.  So much to look at!  It is perfect for me to keep busy while still being together as my hubby watches hours of football this fall.  It is full of so many great ideas, from food, to crafts, to fashion or places to travel.  

Definitely check this out if you have not already.  They have both a website and a phone app.  If I hadn't checked it out, I wouldn't have found this cute bucket list to share with you.  I liked the ideas on the list and thought that they are totally do-able.  I may not get them all checked off the list but, I am certainly going to attempt to check off most of them.  It will be a fun way to experience fall with my family.  I encourage you to check off one or more of the ideas listed as well.  

What are your favorite fall activities?  Are there favorites that you absolutely must do each and every fall season?  

Enjoy your day!  I need to go and soak up the abundant sunshine we are having!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thankful Thursday - Snow Days

It Happened To Me Again!

Munchie Mix for Monday