To My Wonderful Mom...Happy Birthday!

So, were you wondering if I disappeared from the blogging world abruptly last week?  I was feeling awful with each passing day that I did not have a post.  The week kind of slipped away from me and I headed home to Michigan for a visit over the weekend.  I have no excuses, just caught up in the craziness of my life.  I am back and will try not to disappear like that again...at least without some sort of warning.

Today, I am dedicating my post to my incredible mom.  It is my mom's 70th birthday today!  I cannot believe my mom could possibly be 70 years old! I know that she has a hard time believing it herself. Time passes too quickly. 

I wanted to write this post to share with you what a wonderful mom that I have been blessed with.  My mom and I have been through more things than I could even begin to share with you.  My mom has always been there for me regardless what the situation.  She has always encouraged me that I could do anything I set my mind to doing.  Whenever doubt slipped in, she was there cheering me on from the sidelines.  She simply never, to this day, has given up on me.  I am so thankful for her each and every day.  Throughout my life, I learned that not every mom is like this and carries such wonderful traits.  I always knew that my mom and I shared a special bond that many others I know could only dream about.  Of course, along the way, we experienced plenty of bumps in the road.  There were those times in which I thought I never wanted to talk to her again or that we didn't quite see eye to eye. These were usually the times that she was teaching me something but, as a teenager, I didn't understand what was always best.  Looking back, it was these times, that made our relationship stronger. 

Mom taught me things like being strong and standing tall.  This is something that I struggle with quite often.  I often become weak and in return, am hurt by others.  Like she always said, "just keep trying".  Trying is like a foundation in my life lately.  I try until I can't try anymore. 

Mom always puts others first.  A perfect example I can share with you, happened this past weekend when I went home to see her for her birthday.  When I walked through the door, she had thought of every little thing to make me feel at home.  She had my shampoo and conditioner, body wash and a magazine by the bedside.  She didn't miss a thing.  In fact, she even had these waiting for me...
...because I have been struggling with some issues personally and I love red roses.  She had also handwritten a note that brought tears to my eyes. 

I could likely write pages and pages of how amazing my mom has been and things that she has taught me but, I will save some of those for later and some just to hold deep within my heart. 

Here is a picture of my incredible and loving mom...

I love this photo that my niece, Chelsea, took.  It captures my mom's fun loving spirit so perfectly.  I added the butterfly because she has always loved butterflies and their symbolism.  In the photo, it looks as if she is releasing it to be free. 

I just wanted to add one last thing...a poem that I found.

Without You
Mom, without you, there would be no me.
Your love, your attention, your guidance,
have made me who I am.
Without you, I would be lost,
wandering aimlessly,
without direction or purpose.
You showed me the way
to serve, to accomplish, to persevere.
Without you, there would be an empty space
I could never fill, no matter how I tried.
Instead, because of you,
I have joy, contentment, satisfaction and peace.
Thank you, mom.
I have always loved you
and I always will.
By Joanna Fuchs

I love you so very much, Mom.  Thanks so much for everything you have done for me and taught me throughout the years. I am still learning things from you each day. Happy Birthday to you and to many more.  I love you always and forever.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Jenny, I just read your tribute to your mom. That was very, very specia and I know that meant everything to your mom. I read it while on the phone with her and we both cried. You are a special girl! Love, Judy (Gargett)
Diane said…
Jenny,
Somehow I missed this on Monday, it brought tears to my eyes as well. What a wonderful tribute and your Mom definitely deserves it. Love, Diane
Jen said…
Thank you so much, Judy. I am so honored to be able to call her my mom and even more lucky to be able to share that with others. I have truly been blessed.

Diane, I agree, she did deserve it. She is an incredible woman.

Popular posts from this blog

Thankful Thursday - Snow Days

It Happened To Me Again!

Munchie Mix for Monday