Thankful Thursday...My Jeans

Good Morning!

Today, as I sit here to write this post, my hands feel like blocks of ice!  It is really chilly this morning and we have even had some snow flurries!  It is the coldest day that we have had yet, this season. Brrr! I often wonder if I would not dislike the cold weather so much if my body wasn't so cold.  I have the hardest time warming up once I am cold.  I would most definitely prefer to be too hot over too cold. It is always easier to cool down than warm up.  Is this true for you? No, I am not complaining.  Simply stating the facts about myself and the cold.  Just not such a good match.  I suppose that the cold winters allow me to rejoice when the first signs of spring appear. And even more so when summer rolls in with its wonderful sun and warmth. Just thinking of summer makes me feel a wee bit warmer. :)

As you know, it is Thankful Thursday again.  Sometimes, I post about more dear to the heart and deep feeling thankfulness.  Today, I decided to offer something a bit more lighthearted.  You are a tiny bit curious, aren't you?  Some of you may burst out with a chuckle when I reveal my thankfulness for today.  Well, here it goes....

On this Thankful Thursday, I am thankful for jeans.  Funny, right? Well, I just so happen to be a real serious lover of the clothing item, otherwise known as, jeans.  I have really loved them for as long as I can remember.  It has been somewhat of a lifelong love that still runs very strong. From my experience in life, I have found that basically, you either really love jeans or you really could live without them. Right now, my own daughter is one of those people that could really do without them.  She says that they just aren't comfy.  Really??  I haven't given up on her yet.  I know she will eventually have a change of heart.

For me, jeans are one of the staples of my wardrobe.  Is that sad? Let me give you some reasons why I am so thankful for my jeans. Jeans are one of those things that could really swing either way.  You can dress them up, or you can do yard work in them.  Yes, I am fully aware that there are many occasions that jeans just won't do.  I would never wear my jeans, even the "dressier" ones, to a wedding, or a funeral or a country club.  I do, in fact, know my etiquette on such things.  Don't be silly!  I do own other nice clothes.

Over the years, jean styles have changed.  Some styles seem to linger and some, thank goodness, have just become a memory of the past.  Picture, somewhat too baggy, purple jeans that had kind of a yoke stitching in the front, like a v-shape of sorts.  I can see them in my mind now and I am giggling to myself.  Like I said, some were meant to be a memory. Since jeans are almost like a uniform for me, I admittedly have many pairs.  I have jeans with holes in them, that I actually bought that way.  I have jeans that are dark, light, whiskered, flared, loose fitting, slimmer fitting, longer for tall boots or shoes, shorter for flats or clogs.  I have old jeans and new jeans. I have several tried and true favorites.  I am always on the search for new favorites too.  
Jeans are something that no matter how long I stand staring at my closet and hating everything that I see hanging before me, I can always grab a pair of my jeans and I can feel happy about at least half of what I am wearing.  Do you ever have these days?  For some reason, I feel I have these days more often in the winter months. Summer is so easy.  Grab a tank top and jeans, or jean skirt and I am happy and feel good.  Usually.  

Jeans are brutally honest.  Do you know what I mean by this?  They can provide for me a gauge on if I have been enjoying a little too much of that Chex mix that I made last week that I can't seem to keep my hands out of. I know exactly how each of my various jeans fits.  Another wonderful reason why its important to have jeans in a variety of sizes and styles.  Are you following me now?  It all makes good sense, don't you think?  Of course, if my favorite jeans aren't fitting just the way they used to, I feel awful and discouraged and tell myself that I must lay off the snacks of the season and bump up the exercise.  But, this is where the importance of the variety of jeans in my wardrobe lies.  I must swallow my pride and suck it up, as I reach for a slightly bigger pair or a different fit. I do my best to avoid this situation. The positive of this matter, is that I still have a good fitting pair of jeans to pull on and feel good about.  

As you can see, I am very thankful for jeans.  They are very practical for me and my life.  My jeans provide comfort and allow me to feel confident.  Its entirely okay with me, if you don't agree with me on this one.  Jeans are just right for me.  They are versatile, practical and simple.  Jeans can be sophisticated and they can be comfy and casual. There is nothing better than a pair of jeans that fits perfectly and hugs all the right places. Jeans are for anyone.  Big or small.  Tall or short.  Young or old.  How much better can you get?  

Today, on this Thankful Thursday, I am so very thankful for my jeans.  Jeans allow me to feel like myself.  I know that they may not always impress but, I would rather feel comfortable and confident with myself and have others like me for whats on the inside.  As for the jeans, those are just part of my total package.  

What makes you thankful on this Thankful Thursday?

Have a wonderful day!  I hope you stay warm if you are living in a cold place like myself! And if you are someplace warm, enjoy some warmth for me!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thankful Thursday - Snow Days

It Happened To Me Again!

Things You Can Learn From a Seven Year Old...