Thankful Thursday - Bob Evans



Did I ever mention how much I love breakfast food?  I pretty much live on the typical breakfast foods...eggs, toast, oatmeal, cereal, and lets not forget, cappuccino!  What is not to like?!  If someone were to ask me my favorite food, I would likely name one of these ordinary foods.  I can't help that I am a very simple soul. 

Being Thankful Thursday today, I will tell you that I am incredibly thankful for my local Bob Evans.  Yes, the same one that I spoke of here a couple of weeks ago.  I have been coming here since the week I moved to Ohio. 


There are so many things that I love about Bob Evans.  First of all, I am treated like an old friend from the moment that I walk through the door. The hostess, Carol, always has a smile on her face and seats me in a cozy booth. I love that welcoming feeling that I am always greeted with.  I visit my friends at Bob Evans usually about once a week.  I have become somewhat of a "regular" there.  I always order the same thing...2 eggs over medium, wheat toast and an original cappuccino. I have a weakness for these cappuccinos and they offer free refills.  It is absolutely sinful! I also always have the same server, Robert.  I absolutely love this man.  He is about as sweet as they come.  I truly enjoy my conversations with him. He was even kind enough to let me take his picture this morning so that I could post it on my blog.  I told you he was sweet!


My weekly visits for breakfast with myself, which is something that I had never done before I moved here, have helped in my transition to a new town.  When I first moved and was feeling so very alone and isolated, it was my mom who encouraged me to get out and start my day by going to breakfast.  I will say that it definitely made a difference in my days.  As I got to know Robert and the others that work there, they became like old friends.  They are always very genuine and caring when they ask how I am doing, and I needed to feel that from people.  Growing up in the same town and living there my entire life, it is these little things that I never thought about because you knew everyone and they knew you.  When I was plopped 5 &1/2 hours from all of my friends and family, I realized that when you don't know anyone and they don't know you...you feel so very alone. 

Flash forward to today, I have been here, in southern Ohio, for almost five months now.  I feel a little bit more at home as the days continue to pass so quickly.  I really enjoy my weekly breakfast routine.  I am able to visit with friendly people, eat a wonderful breakfast and now that they have Wi-Fi, I am able to do some of my blogging. I really look forward to these mornings. It has become a wonderful way to start my days.

So, for fantastic breakfasts, indulgent cappuccinos, and most importantly, friendly faces...I am thankful for Bob Evans.

What makes you thankful on this Thankful Thursday?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thankful Thursday - Snow Days

It Happened To Me Again!

Things You Can Learn From a Seven Year Old...